Thursday, September 27, 2007

Miss Snowmobile

Betcha never heard of the Miss Snowmobile pageant before, eh? Well, in back in the seventies in the snowy province of Quebec, a great tradition was held. My dear friend, Isabelle Ste-Marie was one such snow queen and I have the picture to prove it.
She's turning 40 this week and I'm hosting her big bash. Her husband forwarded me her old pageant pictures as well as ones from high school, etc. I have to admit, I laughed my head off. You know, the eighties were never kind to anyone.


As I studied Isabelle's face in the above picture, I wondered what on earth she was thinking. She looks a little apprehensive, to say the least. Anyone care to make a guess?
Happy Birthday, Izzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say...thanks for visiting.