Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day...




It can't get much better than this. Sailing in a boat the size of a bathtub with my 13 year old son. My son and daughter sail with the Santa Barbara Seashells and that means every Sunday from May to October, The Cutcliffe Family can be found at "Seashell" Beach--aptly named for the stretch between the harbor and Stearn's Wharf. This was the location for the annual Mother's Day Race that for most parts, is usually entered by experienced (actually WAY experienced) mom sailors.


Three years ago, Newt and I entered out first "Mother's Day Race" being the sole boat that carried more than one sailor. This year, there were six boats that carried passengers of questionable size (like I said, these are small boats). I was comforted to see so many other moms brave the cold water and sail with their sons and daughters instead of watching from shore. After all, its more fun participating in life (even if one possess limited skills) rather than just observing it!


Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say...thanks for visiting.