Tricia over at Roots in Myth does a cool thing. I've noticed it for a while now. She begins her week with a list of goals. Maybe not every week, but enough times to get me to notice. She also seems to do them. So, in honor of my critique friend, I am now creating a list of my weekly goals.
So what? you say. Truthfully, I'm not sure why anyone would care what my goals are, but reading what other people's goals are is actually inspiring to me. Makes me feel normal. Kind of like listening to Cecil Castellucci's speech at the SCBWI LA Writer's day. Hearing about her road to publication was fantastic stuff. It wasn't easy and I'm sure she made lists.
So here it goes:
- Research two dream publishers and two small publishers. Then, submit my MG manuscript.
- Add critique members comments to my YA novel. Rewrite chapters.
- Check out the SCBWI calendar and circle interesting events.
- Send cottage deck plans to contractor in PEI.
- Finish reading Queen of Cool.
- Paint more tiles for fundraising mural.
Hmmm. Feels pretty good. Hopefully I'll be able to cross a few of these off my list.
In the meantime, I'm going to curl up on my couch and work on #6.