Friday, August 31, 2007

The Swan Maiden Launch Party

Heather Tomlinson just announced the launch of her first book, The Swan Maiden. If you're in the Santa Barbara/Ventura area on Sunday, September 9th, stop by
Adventure for Kid's Bookstore 1pm-3pm to pick up your copy and meet Heather.
The book looks beautiful and sounds delightful! I can't wait to pick up my own copy.
I'm dreaming of the day when I can announce my own book party....someday...with gymnasts decked out with Greenwood Academy uniforms (designed by me, of course!) and performing cartwheels while serving Luna Bars and bottled water (the Greenwood athlete snack of choice).
But until then, I'll be garnering inspiration from new authors, Jay Asher (Thirteen Reasons Why Razorbill/Penguin) and Heather speak at the SCBWI Santa Barbara Writer's Day at California Lutehran University on October 27th, 2007. Oh, and Susan Patron (The Higher Power of Lucky-Newberry winner) will also be speaking. How's that for a line-up!
Check out http://scbwisocal.org/ for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say...thanks for visiting.