The countdown is on. I'm in the final stages of preparing to leave Santa Barbara for Prince Edward Island. I plan to do much writing (my new novel book II of Greenwood Girls and revising the original Greenwood Girls). And since I won't have email access nor many television channels to steal away my attention, I also plan to do a great deal of reading.
To me there is no better memory of summer than the solitary act of reading. It's even better on a wind-swept, rainy summer's day snuggling under a thread-bare quilt. Yum. Even better with a bowl of salt and vinegar chips and a tall, ice cold Pepsi.
So, this is what's in my suitcase:
1. MiddleSex by Jeffrey Eugenides (half way through already so it will probably end up as my "plane" book)
2. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (can't wait...just came out!)
3. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
4. Sanford Wong Flunks Big-Time by Lisa Yee (loved Millicent Minn so looking forward to getting to know Stanford)
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (I'll be in line waiting for this one)
6. Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer (another one I'll be standing in line for!)