Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Artful Blogging

Did you know there is a magazine devoted to the artistic side of blogging? Neither did I until a blog I was reading mentioned Artful Blogging, a magazine devoted to creative blogs. I've been super immersed in craft and art blogs lately and, as a result, been spending a great deal of time posting and redesigning my art blog, Deep Space Sparkle. So, to keep the inspiration at peak levels, I went to Borders and looked for the magazine. I found it quickly, mostly because the cover was extraordinary. Inside, there were endless pages of beautiful blogs, featuring exquisite photos and inspiring stories.
If you've ever wondered why you blog (you know the feeling) then this magazine will help justify your passion. There are helpful tips and nuggets of info that can help make your blog better, more appealing and even reach a bigger audience.
This post wasn't meant to serve as a review of the magazine. If it was, I'd mention that there were too many beautiful photos and not enough nuts 'n bolt instruction.

Just came off a five day weekend and let me tell you, it was exactly what I needed. I literally pounded through my Greenwood Girl revisions. I was on fire. Rain drops pattered against my window. My husband brought me tea. The kids were off with their friends. Nothing like five days of uninterrupted time.
God, I love my life.

I didn't write for the entire weekend. For Valentine's Day, I made individual hazelnut soufflé's for my family. All I can say is that it is the best damn dessert I've ever made. Here is the recipe. It's from the television show, Everyday Italian. I can't recommend it enough. It's a dessert worthy of special occasions but it was incredibly easy. I can still taste the Frangelico....oh, so good.

5 comments:

  1. An awesome weekend it seems! The souffle looks delish! And of course the break from writing is key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! You are the most artful blogger I know:) *hugs* have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've had a fantastic weekend! And yay! for a break, more writing, revisions and the start of Book 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool post about the magazine - and the chocolaty dessert. I am a chocoholic. I have to try out the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who publishes it? Writer's Digest used to have a magazine called "Personal Journaling" that had some good stuff in it, although after awhile, it felt like the same material recycled over and over again.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say...thanks for visiting.