Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Halloween is big in Goleta...schools host Fall parades or just plain old costume parades, parties abound and my kids are amped.
Brandon School goes the Fall Parade route and let me just say how thankful I am that I don't have to get a costume on my two kids twice in one day. It's quite creative, too. Elly was very proud of being an ancient stone, but I couldn't quite get what Tate was. Something about a verb. The Dos Pueblos Band came out to help parents and kids get in a festive mood. I love this community...we even knew a few band members!
Newt is at a Halloween cross roads. Dressing up? Not so fun. He has no idea what he'll wear tonight and neither do I. Beautiful.
Elly has been planning her costume for over a month...a devilish groovy girl type of thing complete with sparkly cape, glittery horns and a sassy, flippy thing around her waist. Ever the designer. Gone are the fairy princess days, I guess. Tate was a sad looking thing in his poor man's costume. I liked the sign, however, and think it will serve him well this evening.

Best news of the day, my good writing friend, Laura Elliott made her debut as an official journalist...and in the LA Times, no less. Congrats Laura on a great article...A Visit to Count Dracula's Castle in Romania. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say...thanks for visiting.